I’m joining The Book Vixen’s 2013 Contemporary Reading Challenge. As contemporary is my favourite romance genre, it’s not going to be that difficult! Details below if you want to play too.
The Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge was originally created and hosted by Pearl’s World of Romance, then was passed on to Romance Book Maven. Due to time constraints, Fatin asked if I would host the reading challenge and I’m honored to do so. I’m keeping the details pretty much the same as to when Pearl and Fatin hosted the challenge, though I did make a requirement that the book be at least 100 pages in length or longer to qualify.
I enjoy reading this genre and I’m always looking for new authors and books to read. And here’s your chance to join me.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013 (books read prior to 1/1/2013 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to read at least 10 contemporary romance novels. As per Pearl’s original post:
“by contemporary romance I mean straight contemporary, so without paranormal, fantasy or time-travel elements. Sexy, steamy contemporaries are eligible and so are category romances. (i.e. Harlequin Blaze, Harlequin Presents, Harlequin Super Romances, Silhouette Desires, etc.).”
I’m going to elaborate on this a bit just for the sake of clarification: Books read for this challenge can be young adult, new adult, or adult. Romances with the following elements do not qualify for this reading challenge: paranormal, historical, time-travel, fantasy, science fiction, or mystery/suspense/thriller.
- Books can be any format (bound, ebook, audio).
- Novellas that are at least 100 pages in length, as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Grab the reading challenge button and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing.
Thanks for participating!